UKTDC Council and Committee
The UKTDC is run by a dedicated council and committee of its members.
The current members of the UKTDC Executive Council are:
Grandmaster Tony Vohra, 9th Dan
Grandmaster Vohra is the only Kukkiwon 1st Class Master Instructor in the UK and one of the highest ranking Kukkiwon holders in the UK, receiving his 9th Dan in 2016 after testing at the Kukkiwon in Korea. He's also a qualified International Poomsae and Kyorugi Referee.
Nigel M Hudson, 7th Dan
Our Chairman Master Hudson has studied Taekwondo for over 25 years, In the past he has held several high level positions in the ,UK, Ireland, European and world governing bodies.
- Kukkiwon registered International Instructor
- BTC Instructor course accredited verifier
- Citation from Kukkiwon for services to Taekwondo development
- NVQ Assessor for a British Taekwondo Council
- Chairman North West region 94-96 for British Taekwondo Control Board
- Poomsae Committee Chairman for British Taekwondo Control Board 97-2004
- Performance Director Poomsae UK for British Taekwondo Control Board 2004-2007
- Performance director/National coach Irish Taekwondo Union 2007-2009
- European Taekwondo Union Technical committee members 2004-2008
- International Pr Committee member 2008-2010
- Fully qualified International Judge, (with honors)
- Master Hudson’s club was crowned National club champions 6 times between 1997- 2007.
- Master Hudson is the only UK Instructor to coach European gold medalist in Poomsae.
Master Michael Lomax, 6th Dan
Profile to follow
Christopher Davies, 8th Dan
- Began Martial Arts Training in 1974
- Attained Taekwondo 1st Dan in 1979.
- Served in the Royal Corps of Transport.
- Taught Taekwondo to the Junior Leaders Regiment.
- Currently holds Kukkiwon 7th Dan attained in 2009.
- 2008 received a commendation from Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Headquarters for services to Taekwondo.
- Class 3 Instructor qualification taken at Kukkiwon 2009.
- Personal Invitation by Kukkiwon to 1st World Taekwondo Leaders Forum 2009.
- Former Class 1 National Referee.
- Senior Instructor of the British Taekwondo Alliance.
- NVQ Assessor.
- Level 4 National Standards Equivalent coaching award.
- 2010 Appointed to Kukkiwon Co-operation committee
- 2010 Recognised as a Social Entrapaneur by Millenium funding body
- 2011 Appointed as Kukkiwon Advisory Member (One of only 3 in UK)
- 2011 Winner of South Gloucestershire Authority Personal Achievement Sports Award
- Chairman of Royal Army Service Corps and Royal Corps of Transport Association Bristol Branch.
- In excess of 20 years experience in financial and legal matters.
- Qualified Insolvency Practitioner and is licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales.
- Started learning Taekwondo at the age of 40, demonstrating that none of us are too old to learn something new!
Craig Waddington, 8th Dan
- Over 40 years in taekwondo
- One of the UK original Taekwondo pioneers
- Technical Director and senior Dan grading Panel member
- Kukkiwon Qualified International Instructor
- Citation from Kukkiwon at the 2009 International Instructor course.
The current members of the UKTDC Executive Committee are:
Andy Jeffries, 7th Dan
IT, Publicity and Marketing Officer
- Began training in Taekwondo in 1986
- Achieved 7th Dan Changmookwan Taekwondo and 6th Dan Kukkiwon in 2016, promoted by Grandmaster Pan Sim Woon
- Kukkiwon certified 2nd and 3rd Class International Master Instructor (with citation for outstanding performance both times)
- Kukkiwon certified 3rd Class Poom/Dan Examiner
- Regular member of the World Taekwondo Leaders Forum 2012 and 2013
- Chartered IT Professional and Fellow of the British Computer Society
Poomsae Judge Co-ordinator
(To be confirmed)
Health & safety officer
We are currently seeking the following positions: National Kyorugi Coach and Sport Referee Co-ordinator.
Applications will be accepted from Full and Associate members.
All applications for committee posts should be sent to 6 Crossfield Road, Skelmersdale, Lancashire WN8 9NQ or by email to email@example.com.
Other articles you may like
You can contact each of the committee and council members from the committee page.Read more